diy featured

DIY Wedding Word Search Fan

Friday, May 22, 2015liifewithanna


For the past couple of weeks, I have been indulging myself in DIY Projects every day after work - reason being is that my wedding is in a month! Ahhh! But let's not go there. I am slowly but surely getting everything together! 

Materials needed:
- Printer
- Super Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Paper Trimmer/Scissors
- Double Sided Tape
- Large Masking Tape
- Paper Doilies

For this particular DIY project, I wanted to keep it simple and inexpensive, but still be able to provide my guests with some entertainment. I found this super easy word search generator online through Discovery Education and made my own, with wedding related words - of course! 

Once the word search is generated, you can transfer it to Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Word (which ever you prefer) and design it to your liking. After that is done, print the word search out, and trim it to your desired size. 


Using the corner rounder punch, carefully round all four corners of the puzzle.


To start assembling, you will need some thick cardstock paper as a base for the puzzle. This is for decoration and to help with the stability of the fan.



Use some double sided adhesive to attach the puzzle onto the cardstock paper.



Trim and round the corners of the cardstock paper.




Here is how your word search puzzles should look like at this step:





You can find these craft sticks at your local craft store or Wal-Mart.


Lay the craft stick on the center back of the puzzle (leaving about half of the stick out).


Attach it onto the cardstock paper with masking tape.


If you're not picky about how the back of the fan looks, you can stop here. However, I get really annoyed seeing the masking tape, so I figured out a super cute way to cover it up!



Using some strong double sided tape, carefully attach a paper doily right in the center back of the puzzle.



AND... Here you have it! The finished word search fan! Isn't it beautiful? :)


My stack of about 50 fans!



The lace detailing from the paper doily gives the fan a very romantic and wedding-like feature! I loove it!




You Might Also Like

0 comments