beauty featured

TOP 10 UNDER 10

Monday, February 16, 2015Unknown

Trying to find good quality makeup at a reasonable price can be very tricky - so to help you out, I have put together a list of 10 must-have beauty products under $10. Take notes and head out to grab these items for your makeup collection, because they work wonders! Hope you enjoy!

Images: walmart.com, eyeslipsface.com, colourpop.com, lacolors.com, drugstore.com, milanicosmetics.com, ulta.com, target.com.


1. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder $3.97
If you're in need of a setting powder, this one has never let me down. Anything matte for the base of your face is always a lot more flawless - in my opinion - that way you don't over do it on the shimmer when you also apply blush & highlighter.

2. elf Essential Glitter Primer $2.00
This primer preps your lids for longer-lasting and crease-proof glitter eyeshadows. It does the job well and is a great dupe for the $20 TooFaced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue.

3. Colour Pop Lippies $5.00
I heard about these lip products recently and decided to purchase a few colors (Frida & I Heart This). You can purchase every color in a lippie stix and/or pencil for $5 each. I am definitely impressed with the pigmentation and the price!! The formula is amazing, creamy, and so soft!! Go get yourself some!

4. NYX Matte Bronzer $8.99
This bronzer is very pigmented so a little goes a long way! You will probably have this product for years before hitting pan on it!! The shades available are beautiful and I love that it's matte.

5. Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lip Stick $0.99
Majority of the colors in this collection are frosty - which I'm really not interested in, but I love the cream ones! The texture is super creamy and staying power is pretty impressive - for a buck, you seriously can't beat this.

6. L.A. Colors Eyeliner/Brow Pencils $0.99
If you're looking for something to help shape your brows or even fill in sparse areas in your brows, then you need this product! The pencil glides on smoothly for easy application.

7. Hard Candy Glamoflauge $6.00
This is my holy grail of all concealers when I want/need that extra extra coverage - pimples, sun spots, scars, etc. This concealer is heavy duty, creamy, and very easy to blend. Great dupe for the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer.

8. Maybelline Volum'Express The Rocket Mascara $7.49
You need this mascara in your life! So easy to apply and leaves your lashes longer, thicker, and darker!! Just don't over do it with your coats, because it can start to clump - and that's not pretty.

9. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer $7.99
You have probably heard about this product way too many times, but it's seriously one of the best concealers. I've seen a couple of reviews that people don't like the foam tip applicator because it doesn't seem very sanitary. I personally do not have a problem with it and actually find it very practical. The thin formula leaves a natural brightening finish and will definitely cover those dark circles. (If you do have major dark circle issues, then I would recommend applying a green concealer first and top it off with this.) My favorite are the Brightener & Neutralizer.

10. Milani Rose Powder Blush $7.99
First off, the compact of this product is huge when it comes to blushes! And the rose design is gorgeous - I have to admit, that was what sold me! Pigmentation is great and they are as bright as they look in the compact! My go-to shade is Tea Rose. It's a beautiful dusty pink that is very wearable. (Just a friendly note - this product is a bit chalky so you have to find the right brush to apply it on. I use my Sephora angled blush brush & it works great for me.)

There you have it! & Until next time, stay beautiful!



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Annaaa! Love these types of posts! I really dislike "trying out" drugstore make up because if it doesn't work out, I can't return it! Lol. I will definitely try out some of your suggestions, especially Hard Candy. I always hear of the brand but I haven't actually tried anything from there. One question for you! Once you apply the Instant Age Rewind Concealer with the applicator, how do you blend it out? It always looks a little cakey on me! I've tried a concealer brush, a beauty blender, and even my fingers! The concealers I normally use (Mac concealer pot & MUFE HD concealer) go on smoothly but I just cannot get this one to work!

    Love your blog so far, it's super cute!!

    ♥️Jalee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jalee,

      thank you so much! It makes me very happy that you enjoyed this post! For the Maybelline concealer, I use my Sonia Kashuk Flat Top brush (you can find it here: http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-kashuk-tools-synthetic-flat-top-multipurpose-brush-no-04/-/A-10806932?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=10806932&CPNG=Health+Beauty&kpid=10806932&LID=17pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=10806932&kpid=10806932&gclid=CjwKEAjwru6oBRDDp4jRj4bL_xASJADJ2obyDyhzZtNV5ZLQ5JObtp5TgRKZ-xQDFeRCanucIH0cYRoCM1Tw_wcB).

      I've tried everything you have too and also experienced the same issue! So far, this has been my go to brush for applying that specific concealer. The bristles are super soft and you can easily blend in the concealer for a flawless finish! Give it a try and let me know how you like it :)

      xoxo,
      Anna

      Delete
    2. Also for the brush, instead of using a swiping motion to apply the concealer, try dabbing it for better coverage. This way, it doesn't leave any streaks of the brush bristles on your face.

      Delete