beauty favorites

January 2015 Favorites

Tuesday, February 03, 2015Unknown



And just like that (snaps fingers), January is over! However ... it just means we are THAT much closer to warmer weather! Yes, wishful thinking but I'm definitely not enjoying our weather in the midwest right now. About a foot of snow yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that's not the last of it. On a brighter note, I had a great month of trying out new beauty products, and I am very excited to share each one with you all! From illuminators and blushes to a few winter essentials. 

FYI - Click on the titles of each product for direct links :)


1. ItsJudyTime Eyeshadow Palette | BH Cosmetics | $8.95 (SOLD OUT)
I watch ItsJudyTime & ItsJudysLife all the time and when I heard from Judy that BH Cosmetics is stoping the production of her palette, I knew it was time for me to get my hands on it, and I am so happy I did. The shadows are very pigmented and so beautiful on the lids. I do have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the shades of purple and blue but that's personal preference. The neutral shades on the other hand, are gorgeous and great for an every day look. I do apologize for having this as one of my January favorites since it is no longer for sale, but I just love it so much!

This blush palette is pure perfection! It has a mixture of matte and shimmer finishes for you to ahieve beautiful looks for any occasion. These blushes are so smooth and applies great with an angled blush brush. My favorite is the bottom left, but all the others are just as gorgeous.

I've loved Urban Decay products for years, mainly because they rarely ever seem to disappoint. And this shimmering powder for face and body is just another product to prove that. Not to mention the super cute packaging! The champagne shade of this powder is amazing and gives your skin a flawless, radiant finish. I've used it as a highlighter on my cheeks, and on my declette while going out, and it is beautiful. I do have to warn you though, there are glitter particles in this product that are bigger than usual. So if you're not a big fan of glitter, then this might not be a good option for you.

Every girl and their mother is crazy about having that perfect brow. My go to brow powder right now is this UD eyeshadow. It's the perfect shade for my brows and has great staying power compared to the drugstore stuff. You definitely get what you pay for. 

5. Tinted Lip Balm in Fiesta | MICA Beauty Cosmetics | $30.00
My lippy pick for the past couple of weeks has to be this pinky hue from MICA Beauty Cosmetics. It's great for an everyday shade and helps give you more life for those dull days. 

6. elf Lip Exfoliator | $3.00
If you're at all like me, my lips get ridiculously dry during the winter time. The best exfoliant I have tried so far is this one by elf. The beads are rough enough to scrub the dry skin off, but gentle enough to nourish and revitalize your lips. Put some lip balm on afterwards and your lips will feel great!


As you can tell, I've already hit complete bottom on this product. By far one of the best shea body butters I've tried, and it smells amazing! This body butter leaves your skin feeling super smooth and moisturized for hours. I would recommend applying on your whole body after taking a shower, then let it soak in before putting on clothes.

This product is made in France with healing and soothing properties for anyone with sensitive skin. The nozzle works great and distributes an even spread of mist to your skin. The spring water instantly cools and soothens, leaving your skin refreshed and hydrated. It's also great as a makeup setting spray as well as a pick-me-up on those tired days - which is how I use it.

I love love floral scents. The blend of blackcurrant and iris in this fragrance is beautiful yet sophiscated. It's perfect for a night out if you want to smell sexy!


There we have it - a complete run down of my January 2015 favorites. Sorry it dragged on for quite long, but I had so much to share! Thank you to any one who made it this far! Please let me know what your favorites are and remember to come back at the end of February to join me in my next favorites blog post!


You Might Also Like

0 comments