featured life

The Proposal & Engagement Photoshoot

Monday, April 06, 2015Unknown


It's definitely been awhile since I got engaged, but I never got the chance to explain how it happened. If you're not into lovey-dovey posts, feel free to just scroll through our engagement pictures. But if you're like me, and love hearing about other people's love stories, then keep on reading :)

Tou Ae and I decided to take a few days off of work for a mini getaway. Work was definitely getting the best of us and we needed some time to ourselves. We settled on just spending our days off at Wisconsin Dells. It's one of those places for us where it's close to home yet we feel at peace and far away from our worries.

On our second night there (August 7, 2014), he suggested we should have a nice dinner. So, I showered quickly, got ready and we left. He ended up taking me to our favorite mini golfing course, Timber Falls. He said it would be fun to play a game and take some pictures when the sun starts to sets, which I agreed! It's beautiful there in the evenings when the lights come on! We paid for an 18 hole course game and usually he's very patient when it comes to waiting for his turn, but this time around, he was so anxious! He wanted to skip every group of people that we came across. We played the game at an oddly fast speed, took a few pictures, and then finally made it to the 18th hole, away from all the crowds. It was just us - and that's exactly what he wanted. All we could hear was the sound of our voices and the waterfall next to us. We both took our turns and made our golf balls in. At this point, I was hungry and ready to get out of there but he stopped me and said there was still something in the golf hole. I walked back and leaned over the hole but did not see anything.... He knelt down, reached his right hand into the hole, pulled out a ring box, and proposed!!!! It was crazy and cute all at the same time! I could see how nervous he was, but every single word he said to me that night was so genuine and beautiful. Though I knew it was coming, I was completely shocked and taken away by the surprise. I was speechless for a second, but with no hesitation, I said "yes!" It was so surreal when he placed his promise on my finger. I love this man and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. It was such a special moment for the both of us and we are so excited for what the future holds. We ended the night with a wonderful dinner and a stroll through downtown Wisconsin Dells.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH OUR PROPOSAL VIDEO!

Ever since we got engaged, we have been showered with blessings and support! We both are so grateful for our wonderful family & friends and would like to extend the biggest THANK YOU to everyone who has been & will be a part of this journey with us! Much love, and we cannot wait to celebrate our big day with you all!

Enjoy our engagement pictures ♡

























You Might Also Like

0 comments